California Dreaming – a West Coast Roadtrip
Six weeks and counting till we head stateside for our next big road trip and this time we will be California dreaming as we set out on a 1200 mile round route of the Golden State.
Our roadtrip will be taking in city’s, alpine forest’s, deserts, ocean views, state fairs, prisons, and a certain American mouse !
After a few days acclimatising from the 10 hour flight, we will be heading inland from San Francisco via the home of the Oakland Raiders to Groveland and then Yosemite National Park. From there its through the Antelope Valley and via the singing road to Lancaster ca to see what delights the state fair holds for us. A few days in Anaheim bring the joys of Disney Land, Universal Studios and some sneaker shopping in LA and then its a slow drive back up the coast with the highlight being a whale watching expedition in Monterey Bay.
Our California Road Trip Itinerary
Compared with last years jaunt across 10 states via route 66 the 1200 miles we will be doing this time should be a breeze.
- August 17th – San Francisco for 3 nights stay at the Hotel Zephyr
- August 20th – Groveland one night at the Yosemite Westgate
- August 21st – Yosemite Valley National Park staying at the Yosemite Valley Lodge
- August 22nd – Mammoth Lakes one night a the Alpenhof Lodge
- August 23rd – Lone Pine staying at the Best Western Frontier
- August 24th – Lancaster one nights stay at the Oxford Inn and Suites
- August 25th – Anaheim for 3 nights at the Camelot Inn
- August 28th – Santa Barbara for 2 nights in the Franciscan Inn
- August 30th – San Luis Obispo for 2 nights in the Madonna Inn
- September 1st – Monterey 2 nights in the Monterey Bay Inn
- September 3rd – San Francisco for the final night in La Luna
So thats it in a nut shell. Nature, culture, history and shopping in what will hopefully be an unforgettable road trip round California.